Saturday 3 October 2009

Two Wheels South...

I will shortly be leaving the UK to visit family in Perth, Western Australia for three weeks. I have decided to use this blog to keep an account of my activities while I am there.

Because of my fondness for the Brompton bicycle I intended to take mine with me. I felt that this might make up for the disappointment of not being able to compete in the Brompton World Championship at Blenheim this year. Having taken part in last years event with my co-author of this blog, Ben I was gutted that I failed to register in time.

However having visited my friendly local bike shop to check out the B-Bag, I seriously doubted the claims on the Brompton website that this soft, padded bag could protect against the rigors of international travel. I have had luggage seriously knackered in the past by the baggage handling Uruk-Hai and was very reluctant to risk the health of my beloved little bike. The decider was the recent news that Brompton have listened to the feedback and are about to launch the B-Pod; a hard shell travel case for their bike.

So my plan now is to buy a bike when I get there in order to get about. I am hoping to find something a bit retro and Australian. I will keep this blog updated with my progress.

No comments: